Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
Well since there is no way I could figure out how to fix it let alone go though all 5000 books to fix it I guess I'll stick to the slow, buggy Kobo.
A possible solution to your books that failed the check is to convert them to mobi and then convert them back to epub. This will take a few hours, probably 8-12 for 5000 books, but can be done while you are sleeping

Mobi is a simpler format than epub, but retains most of the formatting except for embedded fonts. I had big problems with the Kobo not displaying converted .lit and .lrf books properly. Very ugly. Converting them to mobi and converting the resulting mobi to epub did the trick.

I don't see this as helping the slowness problem.

I just uploaded to my T1 SD card:
1 book 5 seconds
60 books 58 seconds
552 books 1 minute and 58 seconds
(3 minutes extra to send metadata as I already have more than 8000 books on 8G SD card)
I think you must have a very bad SD card or a poorly formatted one.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote