View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #101
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Three of the four apps that were originally flagged as incompatible were updated about the time iOS 11 shipped.

The only holdout for me is ‘Dictation’ (Nuance Communications) voice dictation. I assume they would have the resources to fix it if they really wanted to, but it has not been updated for over 4 years, and it has a pretty crude interface so it is clear they have had no interest in offering a free dictation option for some time. They charge too much for a subscription to their professional product (at least for my very limited need for this). But I’m surprised how few apps there are in this category. Several of them are basically a portal to human transcribers somewhere on the other side of the world probably and I would worry about privacy and security in using that, and maybe accuracy as well. Not to mention time delay even if it is only ten or twenty minutes.
Doesn’t Siri use an offshoot of Nuance technology? I know it did back before Apple bought it anyway...

Last edited by Dylrob; 10-23-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote