View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #10
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesticExtremis View Post
Yes I noticed that too, but I think it is a secondary problem at the moment. I will try your suggestion at some point.
Ok, If you're serious with this you can try to update the e-ink screen from u-boot. I remember that u-boot have some nice commands to tinker with the epd. Sadly it has a watchdog that will trigger a reset if a certain flag isn't cleared in a few seconds, so you might need to modify the environment and hook there the commands used to refresh the screen.

I'm attaching my own notes here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=10. (and following posts). Do not attempt to repurpose the u-boot / kernel trees for your device as they come from a slightly different product (Aura HD)

My humble guess: your screen is borked. It could be a crack on the substrate or a single failure that make your screen eats more than 16V, triggering the UVLO
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote