View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
My reading speed for novels is very slow, unless they're boring enough that I start to skim. While I can read a book a day if I really push it, I see no reason to rush when reading for pleasure. Why should I?

I didn't take the test, because I absolutely hate those kinds of things. Life is not about competition, at least it has never been for me. I want to enjoy my life, not compare it to others'.
Thanks for the input, and that's fine. I assume that most people read slower when they enjoy what they are consuming, just like we eat slower when we're enjoying a meal, and we walk slower when we're enjoying the view.

I'm not trying to compare myself to someone who can devour a dozen hot dogs in 2 minutes, or someone that walks a city block in 30 seconds. A college professor cranking through reading essays is not the same as someone relaxing with a historical fiction, or caught up in a 2am page-turner murder mystery. I know we read slower when its for leisure, I was just interested in how others read their books.

Maybe I'll start another poll about how many books you read a month/year.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote