View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Many people who read ePub books on the Kobo are getting Font Size issues, where the font is so small it makes reading practically impossible. Sure the pre-loaded books look fine, but if you download books from any other site, forget easily loading them on your Kobo.
This was fixed in the 1.4 firmware update.

Quote:
Many users are complaining about all the software and hoops they have to jump through to load different books on their e-reader, especially if you do not buy them from Kobo. Not only do you have to download Kobo’s bug-ridden software platform, but you also need to install Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Digital Editions.
I have no trouble loading other books (EPUBs or PDFs) on my Kobo without using any of the programs mentioned. It's just a case of copying them across. (The case may be different with DRM EPUBs, which I haven't used.)

Quote:
There are also other problems such as organizing your library with books you download from other sources, contributing to an ill-managed organization of your ebooks.
I haven't encountered this.

Quote:
Another problem that people encounter on their Kobo E-Reader is to remove books from the “I’m Reading” Section.
This is a known bug. Calibre can apparently manage the I'm Reading list, and a manual workaround also exists.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote