View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given the comparative prices of the Kobo and the Kindle, it's difficult (in my mind) to justify buying a Kobo.
For me, it's all about using ePUB and not getting locked into a specific device in the way Amazon does with Kindle, or Apple does with iBooks. Speaking only to how I read and what I want out of a reader, the question (for me) is if I am up for spending another $100 CAD for the six inch Sony. And my answer (to myself) is to wait for the update to the original Kobo reader, see what is up with the WiFi version, and then decide. Again, just for me, I can read almost all of the books I would choose to read electronically with no problems at all on my current Kobo with 1.4. The ones I can't are books I read for work. My employer isn't going to pay for digi versions and the ones I pay for myself I want in tree form so I can lend them to colleagues and students.

Everyone, ultimately, has to decide for themselves what features are a 'must have", a "nice to have', or an "I don't care'.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote