View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Interesting. From something someone said recently, that might work on all the devices. Apparently, there is check in a script run during the boot that checks how many times the device has been restarted without nickel running successfully. I think that number was four times. Doing the pinhole reset four times like that should trigger the action. When I get a chance, I might try this on my Touch.
After reading that comment in the advboot thread, I tried it on a Glo and after running koreader on startup 3 times, the 4th time it wanted to do a factory reset. I tried tshering's modification to rcS and it stopped asking for the factory reset. At the moment, it looks as if on a Mini or Aura H2O, that modification might not be a good idea.