View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bug - with book or with Sony ePub renderer?

As many readers of this forum will know, I have converted all of Dickens' novels into ePub format. I've discovered, however, that one of them (attached below) exhibits a VERY annoying bug on the Sony PRS-600 - it randomly "skips over" pages.

If you have a Sony Reader, try this:

1. Load the book ("Miscellaneous Papers" by Charles Dickens).
2. Set the text size to "Medium".
3. Go to the chapter called "Capital Punishment"

and page through it. What I find is that 7 "screens" into it (the page which ends with the text "With the entrance of the Punishment into his thoughts,") it will skip over a page and display the next page (starting "about her") having missed out a complete page between the two. There are several other points in this chapter at which it has problems, too; I have even had it get entirely "stuck" and just display the same page over and over when you press the "Next Page" key. These issues arise right through this book.

On any other font size except "Medium" the book displays correctly. On the PC ADE Reader, and on the CyBook Opus the book displays correctly. On the Sony eBook Library program on the PC it displays correctly. I am coming to the conclusion that this is a bug in the Sony ADE renderer.

This is the ONLY book that I've created which seems to have this problem. Would one of the ePub experts among us be kind enough to have a quick look at the book and see if there is anything obviously wrong with it?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: epub Miscellaneous Papers.epub (505.9 KB, 342 views)

Last edited by HarryT; 10-14-2009 at 03:17 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote