View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaven View Post
Hmmm. if I am interpreting you correctly, if I go with Calibre for library management, I will lose access to any books I have purchased through Sony Connect, including the 100 classics. And if I read the Calibre website correctly, the two systems, Calibre and Sony, won't coexist. Sounds like a challenge.
No and no. You will not loose access to any books. And yes you can use both apps if you want. But, I think what many do is just use the Sony software to access the store, then import the purchased books into Calibre to manage them.

Then, as you move on you will find the buying ebooks from places other than the Sony books store gives you a better selection and prices... so you learn how to use the utilities to "liberate" (remove DRM) from the LIT and/or mobipocket format in order to convert them with calibre.

The info on the web site is specific to the Sony PRS500... calibre doesn't work with the Sony 500 driver and the Sony software doesn't work with the calibre driver.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote