View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #103
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
I think we have gotten sidetracked. Buying/Selling stolen property is a COMPLETELY separate issue. The issue at hand here is simply the fact that this person bought product legally (albeit overseas) and sold it legally.
According to the court ruling, not, he didn't sell it legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
To me, honestly, it's completely absurd. If this ruling is upheld, not only would it likely kill all manufacturing here domestically, but, it would kill alot of the import/export trade. It would also hurt the consumer in that, for example, you might no longer be able to find discounts on just about anything (perfumes, in my specific case...my business).
It will have pretty much not effect at all, outside of a small number of people looking to get rich quick. This ruling only affects goods bought in countries that aren't part of the Berne convention (which there aren't many of), and isn't precedent anyway (and isn't likely to be).