Thread: DIY - KeK
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #63
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I assume from the filename this is a C not a C++ source, so ...
--static --static-libgcc
Ref: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4....l#Link-Options
That will take care of the warning messages about the runtime (if CS built a static libgcc - I haven't checked for that).

GM's choice of 2010q1-202 (a CS product, prior to purchase by MG) is one very close to what lab126 was using on the K5. "We stock" the 2010-09 for that purpose, one (six months later) release. Shouldn't be much difference between the two.

For "new work" such as this, using the most recent release (2012.03-57) is the way to go. You shouldn't run into the corner cases where you need to match the original compiler version.
Some of the work GM does, does run into them and does require a "best match" of the tool chain.

While cross compiling, try setting your PATH to:
export PATH=/home/simon/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_GNU_Linux/bin:$PATH
Then: gcc --version
should report the arm gcc (and also make all references to the tool chain components grab the arm components).

I can't see how, when you enter:
arm-linux-gcc
that you are picking up the compiler that is being reported in the messages.
There must be some other local settings that you have that make it do that.
Check those, or post them for review here.
Well I can answer that. I was tired of typing the long version so I just ln -s'd the shorter triplet to the long ghueabi version. Should have said, my bad.

The error only exhibits when sing the alsalib and only when used static.
Since I am happy with shared I will file this under - weird - and move on.

Thanks v much!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote