View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #35
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There are supported in the ePub 3 specification so I suspect they are here to stay. They are easier to control than PDF and are much cheaper to build than buying Acrobat from Adobe.
But PDF gives truly fixed layout, while fixed ePub is only semi-fixed (you don't control exact font size and linebreaks, I suspect), which has the potential to look awful.

As for creating a PDF, there are tons of free tools, and anything that can print can give you a PDF. My preferred tool would be the TeX family.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote