View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalichka View Post
Now I am wondering if I begin the adding process again, will this create duplicates? This could be a problem for me since there is a good number of books.
If you have ticked the "If books with similar titles and authors found, merge the new files automatically" box, then any book formats which are the same as those that exist in Calibre will be ignored. So you can "safely" re-add the entire directory.
Edit: While I was goofing around editing etc..., I see you both have got a good handle on things.

It was already answered by kiwidude. Since you have not messed around with manually adjusting the metadata in your library having this feature set will essentially cause you to very quickly pass by books you have previously added and not create duplicates.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-07-2011 at 02:58 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote