View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #50
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
Anybody who believes that hasn't being paying attention. I have a Canon MP280 that I bought new for $30 (it's a scanner, ink jet printer and copier.) I can scan the average paper back in less than two hours and I can produce an ebook in under 24 hours that will have fewer errors than most of the legit ebooks from the major publishers. Things have changed from the days when Xerox had a monopoly of copiers and it would cost five time the cost of a book to copy it. Cheap scanners (I was quite surprised at just how good the Canon was) along with good software (I use Abby Sprint that came with an old Epson scanner, it works very well) has made copying books (and the creation of ebooks) almost trivial.
So, scan the paperback in less than2 hours (lets say 1 hour for discussion purposes) and produce an eBook in less than 24 hours (lets say 12 hours for discussion purposes). And lets ignore the fixed costs of buying and operating a scanner.

So, you are willing to invest 13 hours of your time to produce something that can be purchased for ... what $10? So, by my math, you are valuing your time at $0.769 per hour. Heck, lets round that up to the full dollar. So your time is worth less than $1.00 per hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
I bought the book, it's mine. For me that is the end of discussion.
Brilliant defence. I can't wait to see how that holds up in court.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote