View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #49
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax View Post
I don't get why you are so defensive in your first post and your thread title. Being a Star Trek fan is not as nerdy as it was probably used to be.
To read books about stuff you like is pretty common.

No need for being defensive, it is not a strange thing to like Star Trek.
I strongly agree with this. With novels, it is possible to do things that would be far too expensive or not possible on the big/small screen.

It is the same reason I still enjoy comic books. As an example of the above, with the recent movie "Green Lantern" special effects have recently reached a level where it became possible to do on screen, except via animation, what was done in the comics in the early 1960s.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote