View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #183
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Steve, some of that would not be too much of a loss, and definitely do not mean you. Of course opinions and tastes vary.
I appreciate that ... on the other hand, one person's c**p is another's High Art, and who are we to decide which is more worthy?

That's I guess why I don't look forward to any system that doesn't directly compensate the artist for their work, leaving it up to the public to "vote with their wallets" whether they like it or not. Any other system is only going to shut some people out of the opportunity to be artists, based on other people's subjective opinions of their worthiness, and thereby shutting out other potential supporters and patrons. It's putting art at the mercy of a few non-objective people/organizations, as opposed to allowing the public to decide for themselves. I can't see that as good for artistic expression.

Granted, if the available patrons decided my work was c**p, I could fall back on other skills, and still make a good living. But there are artists who wouldn't be so lucky.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote