View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
well single people with roommates would be a target too
Thats true

I guess with this i just kind of feel in my clearly non researched point of view that for me in a typical family...

Mum if in the UK she actually cooks from scratch(unlikely for the majority) she will already have recipe books and buying it from bookshop for her is going to be much more likely than buying it as an ebook.

Rest of family will have access to a computer already(very few without this ability)

All of them will have phones with calenders and alarms in that this WONT link, it will just send a text at a set time before which I guess is better than nothing.

what are they going to actually use this to do? browse the web? watch Films?

Whats the Battery life playing a film at 1080P with wifi on at full brightness when its not docked in the kitchen? Long enough to watch even one film?

What will that battery life be like in 1 yr?

Just seems like bit of a device that they are trying to create a need for in peoples minds, rather than one wich atually fits any existing needs.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote