View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
tibiafry
Enthusiast
tibiafry has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Calibre does not use MobiPocket code to generate MOBIs. It also does not add or subtract DRM.

If you prefer Calibre's ePub to MOBI capability, then one work around might be to use mobi2oeb to explode the Calibre MOBI. Then remove the toc.ncx (since you don't want a TOC, note that you will also need to edit the .opf file to remove references to toc.ncx). Then use MobiPocket Creator or mobigen on the .opf file to make your final MOBI. I have not tried this, but the intent is to maintain the superior ePub to MOBI capability of Calibre but still get a DRMed MOBI. Otherwise, you could just give the ePub to mobigen directly.
Indeed, conversion (epub->mobi) with Calibre is far superior to mobigen, that's why I like it. The format is respected more strctly. Not to say the same thing with mobigen, that works very well, but it's not perfect.

I've tried that workarround this morning, just testing here and there, but the result is worse than directly converting with mobigen from epub. Format is lost in the opf-> mobi conversion.

thanks for your help
tibiafry is offline   Reply With Quote