View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
system files, user fonts in rtf, restarting required for SD card?

Apologies if this has already been answered - I could't find anything myself.

I just got a Hanlin V3, and I'm running the latest BeBook firmware (of 25th Feb.) - and right now I'm figuring out which file formats work best for me, so I have a few questions.

1. In the file list on the device, the first files are all what looks like a type of system file, they all start with dot-underscore. How do I 'make them go away'? And why do they show up at all? Are they supposed to?

2. I've put my own fonts in a 'fonts' folder on an SD card and that seems to work (at least for mobi). Am I right that it does not work when putting the fonts folder in the internal memory? (I tried and it didn't but I'm asking just in case)

3. I rather like the RTF format, but for some reason it displays in the standard font, not the font I have set from among those in the 'fonts' folder. It works for mobi (and txt and a few others I think). I assumed it would also work for RTF, but apparently not. Is this correct behaviour?

4. When I have pulled out the SD card (the reader is turned on), and put in in again while the reader is still turned on, I only get a 'recent files' folder and I have to restart the device to get the full list of files. It seems like an error to me?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote