View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Try one of these bookmarklets for your browser, they make mass deleting things much easier.

http://massdestroykindleitems.com/
http://pepa.info/check-and-delete/

Andrew

Thank you.

I wasn't aware of these, but there is an inherent danger in using them, aS I discovered from reading a bit from the second linked item. From the 'check-and-delete' page, there is this warning:

"WARNING:
Before you start using this bookmarklet, you should understand why including a third party javascript to your Amazon page is risky. This is in fact true about all bookmarklets that link to some other server and download javascript from it. My bookmarklet does it as well as MDKI mentioned below. The linked code will have the same permissions that you have yourself. It can "click" links and do stuff in your Amazon account. You really have to trust the script author that he's not going to do anything bad. Verifying the code is a good thing to do but will not save your bacon for ever. The author can change the script at any time and you won't be able to tell. Or a hacker can break into the script hosting website and add malicious code without the script author having a clue. That's why I link myk-check-delete.js from googlecode.com. I hope that Google's server will be more difficult to hack" :-)

DON

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-11-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote