Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #42
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you want to stop? If you are trying to stop all the scanning, that isn't a good idea. What about all the other book types, or if books are added outside calibre.

If you are just trying to prevent the new .kepub.epub from being scanned and reprocessed, then it should be in the timestamps and file sizes. The last change I made to the driver was to update the files size when resending a book. This prevented the replaced book from being removed when the processing was done.

It might be different for kepubs. I can see an entry in the Event table for all downloaded kepubs that isn't there for sideloaded books. Look for EventType=4.
Yes, I just want to stop processing of the books that my driver uploads, anything else added in any other way should be processed as usual.

Quote:
But, when I have tested the database code, it didn't create all the rows. All the ContentType=6 and 9 seem to be there, but not the 899. The last test was with code I downloaded yesterday, so it should be the latest.
There was a problem I fixed late last night (from my UTC-4 perspective) that resulted in the 899 rows being skipped and the 9 rows being added incorrectly.

Quote:
If you continue with the database updates, you should also consider epub3. The TOC is no longer in a separate file but inside the OPF. Kobo support for epub3 is reasonably good and getting better. An extra thing to try is adding the epub3 statement to the OPF for series info. That might get read even on an epub2.
Thanks for the info. My motivation for the DB code is to set series information on the initial add, without having to plug the Kobo back in for a second pass, so if I can't do that before I run out of ideas I'm considering just removing the database code entirely.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote