View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #21547
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
hehehe... when my Dad and Uncle were growing up, my Grandfather was the engineer in charge of the construction of Route 66 (yes, the one of infamy).
Having grown up with the TV series, when I was 23 I rode Rt.66 from St. Louis to L.A. (We skipped the Chicago to St.Louis section figuring it to be too developed.) We didn't have the same sort of adventures that Martin Milner and George Maharis had, but it was a great ride... despite getting thrown in jail in TucumcarI, New Mexico for a couple of hours until the Judge could be found to fine us for supposedly speeding.

Quote:
my Grandmother would get furious with them because they would shoot at the rodents that would run along the insides of the burlap lining the walls and ceiling scattering dirt everywhere
Sometimes Grandmothers can take all the joy out of things... How else do you get rid of cockroaches on the wall?

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-05-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Edited to add the 'I'
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote