View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #72
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
When a device cannot do more than it's stock capability that I want after I've outgrown it so to speak, I buy something else IF I cannot live without those features. It isn't that expensive to do it for me personally.
It sounds as though you and I have different spending priorities. I'm only now replacing the main laptop I've owned for the past five years and I probably won't replace my NC-10 netbook for at least another two.

I also think it's fun to make devices do things for which they weren't intended. My Kindle 3 is probably the only device I've ever owned and kept stock, and in the end I had to jailbreak that for fun as well.

And why own a PC without experiencing the fun of dual-booting into Linux? The desktop is so much quieter and conducive to writing than anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
What good is it to fight on the internet if you can't maim people.
That's a fun and ridiculous idea which I sometimes explore with friends. What good is sex if you can't kill your beloved at the moment of bliss?

Unfortunately, I can't answer WT Sharpe's question, though I wish I could. Can anyone else?

If not, WT, I'll visit one of Apple's four stores in New York City, test them both for an hour and give you an answer at some point next week.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote