View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #293
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Well I think it's fair to say that none of them has made a good job.

Kobo: Glowing spots on the screen, fading fonts, double pageturns, reboot issues, bad customer service, no mobi
Amazon: Blotchy screens, same grey area at the bottom as the Kobo, no ePub

At the end of the day it all depends on your own preferences. I will buy a Kobo as well as a Kindle PW. If I am not happy with my Kobo it goes to my son, who is a real bookworm.
Fair enough, I don't for a minute think the Glo is perfect, and do think the number of complaints about the Paperwhite probably says as much about the numbers sold compared to the Glo as it does about poor quality control.

My only preference is to buy books from Amazon, the ereader I'm pretty neutral on, and for now at least, Kobo seems to be doing a bit better job of it. That might change in a few months time if there turns out to be firmware issues with the Glo and Amazon improve the QC of the Paperwhite....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote