View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
bookreader1
Enthusiast
bookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alban View Post
So are you saying that when you plug in the Kindle via USB to a Windows OS the files that come up automatically like 'documents' etc are not in the root directory? How do you ensure the hack files are put in the root directory then if you can't see it? Instructions for installation of hacks say either put them in the 'root' which I have assumed is what appears but others say /mnt/us which I can't find. I have installed Duokan does this make a difference?
Thanks
(K3Gb 3.3)
alban, so like they say on here, all directories are hidden from you when you mount over usb, except for /mnt/us.

when you plug in your kindle, just drop the jailbreak files in there, that is really /mnt/us although there will be no indication of that so for your intents and purpose, /mnt/us is the root dir.
bookreader1 is offline   Reply With Quote