View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I use the free Microsoft "SyncToy" to "pair" my master library folder on my PC with the
media for my reading devices. I have it set so that any changes to folder on my PC
will also be made to the media (SD cards and MicroSD cards), when I insert the the
media and "run" SyncToy. I just made a "MicroSD" pair for my Eee Pad Transformer
and while it took awhile for the program to create the 47 folders and copy over the
~6500 files/ebooks of the library (long enough to make some toast and pour a cup of
coffee), it only took me a few minutes to create the "Pair" and preview the operation
before clicking "Run".

I obtain my ebooks on my PC, (not using the devices wifi) as I can disinfect them there
and use Calibre to convert them, if needed or preferred. I have all the speed and file
management capabilities of my PC to maintain the Master Library Folder.

It only takes a short time (<10 minutes usually) to buy a book online, download it,
disinfect it, run it through Calibre, Drag & Drop the ebook into its proper folder in the
Master Library folder. Then whenever I get around to updating my media card I just
pop it in my PC's media reader and run SyncToy, so that the changes I made to the
Master Library Folder are also made to the media. It usually is only a matter of a couple
of minutes.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote