Thread: New Kobo 1Ed
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
New Kobo 1Ed

My wife has been toying with the idea of getting an ereader but was never crazy about my Nook 1Ed because of the touch-screen section and had no interest in the Kindle because it did not access books from the public library. We were passing a Borders that was pretty picked over. But they did have Kobo 1Ed for sale for $49!. She decided she wanted it and so we are now the proud owners of a Kobo.

So far I'm impressed. While I'm no big fan of page buttons (I would have preferred the Kobo Touch) the Kobo is a nice little device - thin and lightweight, easy to read with high contrast letters and pretty responsive. My wife loves the 100 free classics but is frustrated with the limited number of epubs in our public library.

I'll be reading the threads in this section to get some tips on the best way to use our new ereader.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote