View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
TrendyGuy
TrendyGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook 3G, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Your profile only mentions a Sony PRS-600. Since you seem to have a Nook and a Kobo as well, try putting the same book on all three and comparing your results. This assumes you have all three authorized to the same ADE account, otherwise you will have to check with Apprentice Alf, and heed his advice (but not in your official librarian capacity, of course...). I have looked at the style sheets of many of my books and found margins up to 30 points, and similar idiocies committed by people who don't think about their conversions to epub. I've got a couple of books I will be fixing up soon - just for my own use, although I may drop a note to the publishers.
Another possibility is to put in a firmware request to Kobo to ignore publisher supplied margins which are larger than 6 points...
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the 3 books on my Nook. The margins are much smaller than the kobo, almost to the edge of the screen on my books. There is a slight variation on the Nook but no where near as large as the kobo.
TrendyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote