View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
splinters
Enthusiast
splinters began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Landscape format on ibooks and iPad

I have successfully published 20 books on iBooks many of which have charted in the teen/children category. I recently uploaded 3 books that are in a sort of landscape format very much like the 4:3 proportions of the iPad.
They look OK in ibooks using the portrait mode and show one page at a time. However, when viewed in landscape mode they shift to the double page spread as expected. Problem is the pictures are stacked one on top of the other rather than a double page spread.
To clarify, I have no seperate text in the book; each page is a full image with the text embedded in there (I make kids picture books). I am making sure that the width of the images is the maximum to fill a 'portrait' style page but I guess they are not tall enough for ibooks to treat them as separate pages so in a double 'landscape' spread you actually see four pages; 1and 2 stacked on the left side, 3 and 4 on the right page etc.

Wish I could show a screen grab but don't have my iPad on me.

Short question; is there any way of telling the iPad to show each single page in either portrait or landscape mode and, if not, what can I do to at least stop the stacking problem?

Last edited by splinters; 10-14-2010 at 07:07 AM.
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote