View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Well, it's early, but I'll contribute. Since my challenge this year was geography based I will include the country as well.

Uruguay - Genesis: Memory of Fire by Eduardo Galeano
Poland - The Pianist by Władysław Szpilman
Indonesia - The Rainbow Troops by Andrea Hirata
Algeria - The German Mujahid by Boualem Sansal
Bulgaria - Natural Novel by Georgi Gospodinov
Norway - The Transformation by Mette Newth
Syria - Damascus Nights by Rafik Schami
Russia - Roadside Picnis by Arkady Strugatsky
Finland - The Year of the Hare by Arto Paasilinna

and while I haven't quite finished it, unless it goes south badly, the first 350 pages of this one have been spectacular:

Japan - Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
Wow, that sounds really cool. A geography challenge just screams: utter amazingness. I want to try that too! (Sooner than expected, hopefully). I have heard a lot of great feedback from Haruki Murakami so maybe I could start with him next year.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote