View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekkel View Post
I've been writing text editors for many years and since I wanted to change the layout of a recently downloaded .epub I decided it would be best to add support for this format into my editor directly.

Japi is an open-source Gtk2 application and should be able to run on any OS that has GNOME installed. I've created two binaries for Ubuntu 8.10:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hekkel2/japi-a....9.7-b1.tar.gz
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hekkel2/japi-i386-0.9.7-b1.tar.gz

To use this software, download the appropriate file and unpack it. There's only one file inside the archive and it does not need to be installed to be used. However, you can install it system wide by running the command (from a terminal):

sudo ./japi -i /usr/local/bin/japi

As you can see from the version number, Japi is still considered to be beta quality. But I thought some of you might find this interesting. And of course, I'm very interested in feedback.

-maarten
Now if ONLY you'd create a standalone Windows version, you might have something here. (Of course, having a Mac-runtime version wouldn't hurt either. )

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote