View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #9
roen.v.touli
roen.v.touli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fem View Post
The problem seems to be that the recipes have oldest_article and max_articles_per_feed set to a number with 34 digits, instead of something more reasonable like 7 and 100. I don't really know how that happened tho , as invalid values would be caught before a recipe is actually compiled and written to disk.

A quick fix would be to delete the imported recipes and reimport them making sure actual valid values have been entered in the max articles and oldest article fields. Even going so far as to just increase/decrease those values regardless of valid values being displayed.
You'll prolly want to find calibre's configuration directory and delete the last added recipes from there instead of manually going over them in the custom news source dialog.

If removing the feeds would provide too much of a hassle, I could add a 'remove imported feeds' button to the plugin to easy the pain of removing the recipes.

Let me know if this helps.
Worked perfectly, thank you! I tried to set each of those to maximum in 'configure' but did not realize I put in so many digits. At least we now know the plugin is not catching invalid values.

I think most of us on this forum are familiar enough with Calibre to go into its directory and delete the files there; however, for new users, ease of access, and simplicity, it may not be a bad idea to have a delete feeds button where you could select multiple feeds and delete at once.

I see that Kovid does not mind you developing this into Calibre native system itself...can't wait to see how it goes. Any ideas or thoughts of what you are going to do? I think inspiration from current RSS readers and features they offer would be beneficial.
roen.v.touli is offline   Reply With Quote