View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 04:53 PM   #147
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Completely off topic, but I will second the Magnificent Ambersons recommendation.
I hate to disagree with someone who's agreeing with me, but.

I don't think it's off-topic at all. "Magnificent Ambersons" is about how society is affected by a huge shift in technology. I suggested it because I think it's good reading to get perspective on this topic.

Our shift to an internet economy is new, of course, but the earlier shift to a car based economy was almost as big a change and understanding the impact of it gives insights into the impact of the present shift. I didn't suggest the book just because it's a good read.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote