View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
The Mentor Lite is an Astak product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112 View Post
Well, I tried the SD card, and I almost wish I hadn't. The device is getting RMA'd now. There's something physically wrong with the SD card slot. It takes more force than usual to insert an SD card (not a lot, just more than usual) and it makes a funny click before it should. Then it seats in the slot just fine. It works fine until you try to remove the SD card. You press it in a little to release it and it pops out about a 1/4 of an inch, but then it doesn't want to come out any farther. It takes a good grip and some pulling to get it out, and it makes a click and a pop when it finally does come out. I've tried it with a couple SD cards just to make sure it isn't my card, and I get the same results.

So now I'm waiting to see if the company I ordered it from will take it back. Even though I ordered through Buy.com, it was being sold by another vendor. So we will see...
Dear Tom:

The Mentor Lite is an Astak product so you are under full Astak support and customer service.

Call us at: 1-866-368-8788 or email: support@astak.com and let us help you!!

SD card slots can very rarely just get a bad mecahnism. Do not try forcing the card. Call us and let us analyze the problem!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote