View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #6
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset View Post
so, if i put the backdoor.sh line there it should work?
If you mean modifying the rcS file, then yes, of course. You can put any call to a script file into it, as long as the script is accessible at run-time. (I.e. not in the root directory, but the SD card or non-system onboard-memory.)
Otherwise I don't think there's too much you can do.

But if there is no backdoor at all, I don't think you can modify the live rcS file.

You could modify the fs.tgz file, though. That should be simple enough, unpack it, modify, pack again.
Then do a simple firmware upgrade. That should work fine - unless you break something (be careful when editing these files - keep the new-line characters intact. Unix/Linux and Windows use different new-lines, which can easily break the script).
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote