View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #88
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have just gone through having my card used for an unauthorised purchase in $US, and by a strange coincidence, it happened a few days after I purchased something from Amazon Australia that was shipped directly from China. So I had to cancel the card and get a new one, which has now arrived. Meanwhile the bank only took a day or so to check out the charge, and have refunded me the money.

So I feel lucky that I escaped with just minor inconvenience. I did write to Amazon who of course assured me of how watertight their systems are, but as they don’t offer PayPal, they won’t be getting any more custom from me. A pity, as I am very pleased with my purchase, a good quality camera backpack.

I shall be keeping a very close watch on my credit card charges from now on! Luckily, this happened just before the close of the card for the month, so I was checking everything to separate personal stuff from household stuff.
I find those prepaid Visa type cards useful for these type of situations where you don't feel happy to use your usual credit card. Only putting a small amount on or enough to cover a specific purchase, but no way for anyone nefarious to spend up on the card.

Amazon is one of the few places I am happy to have my credit card number retained (so far so good...) and I will always choose PayPal over any other options available.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote