View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Reading a manga for the sake of reading a manga?

I would try to read something a little familiar to you. There are a lot of manga to anime and vice-versa that you can try if you've already become familiar with the animated version. There are also a lot of manga-ized movies, books, and comics that you could try.

I've read the Star Wars adaptations, and the manga-zation of different comic book super heroes such as Spider-Man.

If you are new to any type of drawn medium like comic books, you have the right idea of just going for a graphic novel. Many of them have very detailed artwork and even if they are based off of existing characters/worlds in the comics, they tend to take a fresh view and not carry the baggage that would require you to be fully versed in the history.
Yep, for the sake of trying something different.

I decided to go with a graphic novel version of a book I am familiar with first, before I try an actual manga. We will see how it goes.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote