View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by csg1964 View Post
First - please explain if Calibre makes another copy of my eBooks

.. and if yes, it does make a copy, can I delete the copy I have in an "eBooks" folder that I'm having Calibre read from once they are copied?
Yes, Calibre uses it's own database, with an accompanying folderstructure which holds the content.

Quote:
I am wondering if it's easier to keep my Kindle for PC books separate from my Calibre library - since I have no desire to convert them individually. While I do have multiple formats of some books, I don't for all.
Why should you?

Quote:
In essence - I have multiple formats of books in multiple folders, and I really just want ONE copy of each.
Just use Calibre, and structurize the books in it. Merge double books, and, if wanted, delete the double formats.

Quote:
I also have a Cruz eBook reader, and a smartphone, that I'd eventually like to transfer some of my eBooks to, to carry around. I haven't the slightest clue how to begin syncing this. I'd like to copy some books to these devices, and then delete them when I'm done, keeping the original eBook on an external device to hold my collection.

I'd also like to be able to add any acquired eBooks to the storage on the external, without duplicates.
And, if the device is stolen, or damaged or... loose your content? I think you should see Calibre as a central database. From there you fill your devices with whatever content you like. Yes, you do have at least double copies, but you also have a more redundant storage system.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote