View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #68
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
So, Plato exists but there is no sensible way to install it. Very unfortunate.

- These one-click packages will not work for devices that have Kobo Start Menu!

Sorry that I am wasting your time, but I got my time wasted too, and still no Plato.
Sorry, but this is simply not true.

Installing Plato is simple as it can be, just copy content of Plato zip file you get from Plato releases page (https://github.com/baskerville/plato/releases) in appropriate directory.

You have maybe too technical instructions for this here:

Code:
mkdir -p SD_ROOT/.adds/plato
unzip plato-VERSION.zip -d SD_ROOT/.adds/plato
So, you have to have .adds directory first (if you use KSM, it's already created), otherwise, create it. Then, just add plato subdirectory inside it. Afterward, just copy content from plato zip file into that directory, using your favorite file explorer (as there are too many there, I hope you know how to work with one of your choosing). Directory structure inside zip file should be intact (don't flat directories into one directory). That's it, you have Plato installed.

Then, we are talking about how to run it. Well, it can be done in many ways, depending which software for running you want to use.

If you want to use KSM, and have it installed already, that's it, in KSM you'll get one more option when you get back to it, Plato. Just tap on it, like you would tap on koreader, coolreader, etc.

If you want to use One-Click Install packages we discuss here, you need to install them per instructions (and of course, there's no need to have KSM AND One-Click Install packages).

If you want to use some other method for starting, use that method, follow instructions related to that method.

That's it, simply, easy and quite logical.

To recapitulate:

First you choose how you want to run reader programs, i.e. what program you want to use for that purpose. Then install chosen program.

Afterward, just copy Plato zip file content in .adds/plato directory you created.

That's it, you have Plato and you run it depending on software you choose to run it (each software have its own way, consult instructions per software how to do that).

Simple, isn't it.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote