View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
mgmharry, try the following as posted by ChrisI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
I have Book Designer running on my Vista machine. There were several issues, which I resolved by reading various threads on this forum. Here's what I did: (My apologies for not giving proper credit to those who posted each fix.)

1. Download and install the Microsoft DHTML Editing Control.

2. Install the 4.0 BD, and the latest 7/30/2007 update. I installed to Program Files, but you can probably skip the next two steps if you install to a different directory.

3. Browse to C:\Program Files\ and right-click on the Book Designer 4.0 folder. Select Properties. Go to the Security tab. Select Edit... and Add... then enter your user-id. Grant yourself full access to the directory.

4. Create the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\Sony Reader, and the subdirectory C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\LastFile. These directories are normally created automatically by the program, but even with full access I had to create them by hand.

5. Open a Command Prompt, as Administrator. (Right-click on the menu item and select run as administrator.) Go to the Book Designer 4.0 directory, and run the following command: regsvr32 GflAx.dll. This dll was copied to the BD by the update, and needs to be registered to get graphics (such as browse for a cover page) to work properly.

I think that’s everything. One of the things I tried along the way was to modify the properties of BookDesigner.exe to run as administrator. This caused an error: comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered, so I changed it back.

I hope this helps.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote