View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenocon View Post
There isn't a dedicated internal meta-field for this in the PDF spec, AFAIK, but even if there were, it can't be counted on that it would be valid/populated. I could do something where I batch process all PDFs, scan the text for ISBN, and insert a meta-field
That's sort of what I had in mind, but you are right, it's not suitable for all formats, and I do hate pre-processing books before import. I'm sure an ISBN locator to scan the various formats, find the ISBN and populate Calibre's ISBN field would be a desirable and useful bit of code.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote