View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Yes. A local copy would work fine. But she will not be able to change or update anything in the library. All changes will be overwritten when her copy is updated.

One way to automate updates could be for you to start calibre from a script. When you shut down calibre the script makes a backup to a network share, using some sync software. When she starts calibre, using another script, a local copy of the library is first updated from the backup copy on the network, also using some sync utility.
Hi, @adoby, thanks:

The constant updating is not required; I only update the catalog weekly when things are going swimmingly and that's unusual. I usually end up doing updates monthly or even quarterly, so that's fine. At this time, I don't want her able to make changes to the library, yet.

@chaley:

That's some excellent info. At the moment, since I want to control the permissions on the data--just providing it to her for the time being, to be used to simplify her data entry at the website. But I like this idea for a bit down the road, when she has this down, and feels more comfortable with it. Thank you!

Thanks to you both; I think I know what I need to do to make this go as smoothly as possible. (And you too, Ducks).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote