View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
The original printed versions of Thoreau's writings are in the public domain, but the revised and corrected emended versions of those are copyright those recent scholars.
I'm sorry, but I must, with the greatest respect, disagree with you. Editorial changes to a public domain text do not grant a new copyright.

Given that neither of us seems likely to convince the other of our viewpoint, however, I suggest that we bring this discussion to an end and politely agree to differ. As I said a while ago in this thread, if someone makes use of your book that you believe violates your copyright, it will end up being the decision of a court.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote