View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haplo65 View Post
Hi All,

First of all, thank you to the author of Calibre and the great community behind this forum.

I have a Kobo HD Glo, with the lastest firmware (4.14.12777) and the latest version of Calibre 3.42.0.

I try to modified books on my device via Calibre, but I've got a failure message (see the image in attached).
I do not understand what it means.
Is it Calibre who don't manage the new firmware ? Or do I need to perform some actions on my device ?

I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you,
Haplo65
In calibre, open Preferences => change calibre behaviour => Plugins and type kobotouch in the search box. Select KoboTouch (or KoboTouchExtended if you are using it). Click on Customize plugin and on the 3rd tab, click the Attempt to support newer firmware checkbox.

Davidfor has already posted in the Kobo forum to the effect that there should no bad side effects by enabling this option.

The support for the new firmware version will be in the next calibre update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware_support.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	171372  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote