View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #60
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
When I contacted B&N about initially not even being able to open the file to read it, they told me it's readable only in Nook Study. So if you can install Nook Study onto a tablet, that's the only way it's readable on tablets. I was already not happy with B&N forcing me to install another piece of their software just for one book. And I made sure I never bought another Page Perfect Book from them again. Actually, I seldom buy from B&N now even if it's a regular epub.
I'm not saying that it will open on ANY tablet. I'm referring to B&N's own tablet devices: Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook HD, Nook HD+, and the new Nook Galaxy Tab 4.

I own this book (freebie): Grimm: The Essential Guide (PagePerfect NOOK Book)

If you look at the device compatibility list, it lists:
  • NOOK Devices
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 7.0
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 10.1
    • NOOK HD Tablet
    • NOOK HD+ Tablet
    • NOOK Color
    • NOOK Tablet
  • Tablet/Phone
    • NOOK for Windows 8 Tablet
    • NOOK for iOS
  • PC/Mac
    • NOOK for Windows 8

NOOKStudy is not listed there, but I can confirm that it works there as well. I have also read it on my Nook HD+. I notice Nook for iOS/Win8 tablet is on that list, so theoretically it's readable on an iPad and a Windows tablet. They were also restrictive on some of their magazines only being readable on a limited number of devices, but they've been relaxing that restriction for the Nook for Android app. I just checked and I cannot view it on my Android phone (5" screen), but I CAN view it on my Nexus 7 (2012). Looks like they need to update their lists as it should be readable on MOST tablets, now.

Last edited by hwlester; 12-23-2014 at 07:20 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote