View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
What a horrible idea. "Smart glasses" in themselves are already something that I'd positively hate, but using such a device just to read without having the page at normal distance... ugh!
Philippe, freedom is an objectively progressive parameter, and you are too used to your beautiful cozy University ambients... On Friday I read very proficiently for many hours while discussing territorial matters with wild boars taming the drifts of spunky streams. Which I would normally do with boredom and the feeling of being wasting my time. So, it may not just a matter of "normal distance". It is a matter of having information available anytime, outside the library (it is not "mobile reading" if you do not at least jump and skip once in a while).

Last edited by mdp; 03-03-2019 at 01:50 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote