View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #13
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Now that they are well over their target, they have come up with a curious "first stretch goal". Apparently, if orders are placed for 150 devices, they will send them out by the summer instead of September.

Although it is always nice to have a new device sooner rather than later, I'm really not sure how being promised the device a month or two earlier will entice fence sitters such as myself to order one.

A stretch goal of increasing the processor speed or the onboard memory would probably do much more to get fence sitters interested. Some more videos might help as well. Assuming, that is, that the device is as good as they are hyping it up to be.

I can already play simple games and surf the web on my Kobo Aura. However, I don't because the experience is not that enjoyable. It's nice to be able to do so in a pinch, but that is the only time I would choose to do so.

If I'm going to fork out the kind of money that they are asking, I would like a device which delivers a superior experience than my Kobo is currently able to provide. Their current video of their internet browser does not show that.

Speaking of videos, about 5 days ago, Peter updated their Indiegogo page, inviting more questions and promising more videos. Since then, there has only been one video. They've received questions on both their webpage and the Indiegogo page, they have the actual product (they have said that it is not a prototype) and they certainly know how to make videos. So what's up with the sudden dearth of videos? Not very promising.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote