View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The H2O2 is $179.99 with free shipping from Kobo. That's only $60 more for a very nice 6.8" screen and a much better designed comfort light (orange light). After using a 6" screen and a 6.8" screen, the 6.8" screen wins hands down. The extra size is very nice. 6" now seems small.
"[O]nly $60 more" is a whopping 50% increase and the new GlowLight has better resolution.

Plus, you can buy the Nook in a b&m store and not have to order internationally with its concomitant return problems and get on-the-spot customer help and service. For some, with larger hands or impaired mobility the larger bezels are an advantage. And... there are more reasons why some might prefer this device or to buy from B&N.

The H20 is not a one-size-fits-all reader, no matter how much you like yours; no device is. I think a lot of us, including me, can suffer from confirmation bias in regard to readers and I always find it useful to consider if I'm overvaluing aspects of my readers and underrating advantages offered by a different model. Certainly it helps when you're offering advice!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote