View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #48
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamole View Post
Actually iReader does have autoscroll. The developer has made some improvements in the latest update, but it is still hard to set speeds and the results are jumpy. eReader.com's Android ereader also supports autoscroll, but the site no longer carries much other than romance, science fiction titles and little known authors, not my favorite genres. That said, I can't understand why autoscroll is so elusive in the phone apps. Constantly having to flick a page every few seconds is distracting and takes away from the reading experience.
I can say I don't find the page-turning all that annoying when I use iReader. I find hitting the volume button nearly as natural as touching the next page button on my Kindle. It is a little slow to change pages, but, again, so is the Kindle. But, as always, to each his or her own .

Since Autoscroll is a new feature in iReader you might want to report back to the author with constructive comments. I've suggested multiple features and seen them appear on his roadmap so he's definitely responsive to his users.

I'm really looking forward to him adding epub support in the future, I'd like to check out ebooks from my library.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote