View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #22
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Oh my goodness, so much ignorance on display here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

Samsung is the counter example. They DO rush out copies of anything the see the competition doing.
Who exactly was Samsung copying with the phablet and large screen phones?

Quote:
Larger screen phones and smaller screen tablets are no "big idea" that has caught Apple by surprise. It's EASIER to make a larger screen phone. Have you noticed that none of the Android phones without large screens pack the power of the iphone? They can't. They don't have the power per watt advantage Apple has.
Apple has much more control over the app development process and until recently had laughable multitasking abilities.

Quote:
They needed big screens first for the LTE chips...to account for the bigger battery. Apple refused to go to LTE until the chips had the battery performance for the size phone/battery Apple wanted to make.
So you're saying that LTE was around before big screen phones? That's interesting because I'm pretty sure that it was actually the opposite way around. Also, doesn't having a larger screen just drain more battery? If Samsung were smarter then they could have kept the screen size the same and just made the phone thicker! I guess they never thought of that.

Quote:
Now Android phones need to be huge for the quad processors running high MHz with large RAM that Android needs to get performance anywhere close to the iPhone.
Nope, I'm pretty sure the reason why the phones are large is because that is what the market is demanding. Is 2GB of RAM really that much bigger than 1GB of RAM?

Quote:
So Android manufacturers make lemonade out of lemons and market the large screens as "innovation".
Or maybe they were just innovating?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote